October 26, 2010
this episode up quickly in case the Phillies loose - and they did.
Downtown Disney Redevelopment / Demolition
Nautical Theme Coming?
Where do we go for nighttime entertainment?
Welcome to the show Gary!
That is a big lag!
The Hot Dog Hall of Fame… outsourced Redesign.
The Wave of American Flavors @ Disney’s Contemporary.
The dining experience is very confusing and the food very average.
Bar is neat, the dining area looks like an upscale Denny’s.
Service was good though.
Give me a cheeseburger.
Cosmic Rays Cheese Steaks are back and they’re not bad.
They use Cheese Wiz or a melted cheese that looks and tastes like it!
That’s a cheesesteak??
The Plaza – totally underrated.
Mexico – La Cava del Tequila.
Finger foods and wares are excellent.
Miniature Gift Cards – pop it on your wrist and swipe it around the Food &
Food & Wine festival.
Food is fantastic as is the Party For The Senses.
Favorite Epcot Pavilion
Gary likes the United Kingdom/Rose & Crown – Fish & Chips.
Mel likes Japan – Dining and Sushi.
Who is the candy lady?
John likes the Land – Soarin’ and Living With The Land – disappointed in the
new ending of Spaceship Earth.
Ian likes Mexico.
Pictures himself living there in the attraction.
It all comes back to the Dining Plan
Italy, Mexico, Le Cellier
Buffalo Wild Wings and ESPN Club.
Bus Incident caught on Video @ Disney Studios.
Guest allegedly threw his baby at the bus driver and attempted to strangle
The great Duffy Conspiracy - Duffy never stopped being sold.
Only recently pulled him, gave him clothes and rebranded him Duffy.
Ian thinks it’s an epic fail.
John pointed out he never saw more than 4-5 people in line for Duffy.
Has become very vanilla and bland.
We want to spend money but we’ve all cut back.
Ian once bought so much he had to ship it home.
We’ve been having a GREAT TIME despite the Cranky-ness
Despite picking on a few things, we all were enjoying our time there.
Things are in great shape, attendance in high, resorts & rooms are nice.
Love the Tronorail.
Cast Members are FANTASTIC!
The Contemporary Grounds coffee is GOOD!
Bay Lake Towers
Touring the property.
Ian already owns DVC there.
The lost INSIDER tapes – our favorite resorts segment got erased next week.
John likes the refurbished Contemporary Rooms.
Mickey head subtle pattern in the couch.
Ian has a brick – not the ones John and Mel thought though located in back
of the Contemporary.
It IS called Top of the World – Ian was wrong.
John sees matching towers eventually – to make it look less out of place.
The Inferno Barge Guy & his bunker
Mel wishes he was unemployed (she doesn’t like Illuminations in the
Reflections of Earth incarnation.
Gary says Mel wants lasers
Ian gets NLCS tickets – to see the Phillies loose.
That’s a wrap live from the Contemporary Resort.
October 16, 2010
INSIDER Part Duex
- Too Bad Bob Iger isn't here again
- Duffy @ Epcot - Duffy Mania
- Duffy is brought to life
- The Disney Bear didn't catch on last time
- Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff-y
- Ian is ready to take Duffy on a trip
- Exploit the existing properties
- New fangled characters
Imagination Looses Sponsor
- Kodak departs Imagination - can you blame them?
- Who goes there anymore
- We used to love Imagination - The Neon Tunnel
Disney Phone Apps
- +1 for Mel's Seque - Disney Phone Apps
- Ride Hopper - wait time application for iPhone and Android -
- Walt Disney World Wait times for iPhone
- WDW Dining App for iPhone - Ian likes to eat
- Official http://m.disneyworld.go.com mobile site - can we get rid of Go.com - Mel
uses it all the time.
INTERCOT Meet Next Week
- INTERCOT Meet - Friday Oct 22 - 2pm Mexico La Cantina
Toy Story Mania
- Toy Story Mania line - he doesn't get it. Like riding thru Grandma's
basement. He had a giant potato. John gets it - finally.
- New air gates slowing things down, no single rider line
- Your kids will beat you at games eventually
- Tangled Hair Spring? Photoshop that and get it on the site
- Ian's waiting for the Villain's Park
Question from Twitter on Social Media
- Twitter Question (@intercot) - Documenting your trip with social media,
how much to you blog?
- We've lost Ian - come in Chopper 5
- Gary loves twittering - don't put this on the internet
- Ian's infected computer erased the original episode
- Don't eat it - I need to take a picture of that!!
The Disney Dining Plan
- Disney Dining Plan
- Gary's used quick service and full plan - lots of water & juice
- Nescapoop. Can we say poop?
- Ian's belly
- More Busier, Less Staff - Where's my sit-down breakfast?
- I don't want to plan & nothing's available
- We found Olivia's @ Old Key West
- Ian goes with the flow
- The Kona is always full
The Best Of
- The Best of: Restaurants - Gary: Big River Brewery (Rocket Red Ale); Ian:
Chefs de France (Tuna fetish) ; Mel: O'hana ; John: California Grill or Kona
- Gary does a wicked Stitch
- Ian ate an Ostrich
- It's the drink that eats like a meal
Another Question from Twitter on Replacing Something
- What would you replace? Imagination, Entrance to Epcot, Bring back
Horizons, Communicore, Whatever - Mel? Country Bears?
- Duffy's Everywhere!
- Cut your hair on Main Street?
Interactivity in the Parks
- Haunted Mansion Queue - Interactivity? Pooh? Space Mountain, Spaceship
Earth... Ian's old school.
- John does Roz
- +1 for Mel - stepping out to the left
The Official Ticket Center
October 1, 2010
Disney Press Event
- Ian uploaded his story to the Disney Memories site. Yes, he stayed in the
- Gary thinks it's like watching other people's vacation slides and who
wants to do that.
- Disney's Gary O'Brien
- Everything's a Celebration
- BTW, it's WDW's 39th Birthday, not 40 (our mistake)
- We love the Electrical Water Pageant
- You got a brick, I got a brick
- Destination D
- Double Dumbo
- The Dreaded Fire Mountain
Disney Hotel @ National Harbor
Universal and Harry Potter
- Disney is being out Disneyed
- Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey - We saw it coming years ago
- Have the Butterbeer AFTER you go on the ride
- Ian's an old man
We've gone way over time
- It all comes back to beer.
The Official Ticket Center
October 1, 2010
Food and Wine Festival
- 15 Beers for 15 Years.
- New kiosks - Belgum, Singapore & South Korea.
- New restaurant @ Mexico
- Sam Adams Special Brew?
- Join our Tweets @intercot
Disney During the Holidays
- ICOT's Birthday #13
- Universal Halloween Horror Nights /
- Doors Being Added
- The Great Tram Controversy
Fanatical Disney Fans
- The Scrims are ruining my trip
- Tomorrowland Music Loop
- Tom Morrow
- Tomrrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Cranky Disney Geeks
- Once in a life vacation
- Nostalgia or Obsessive?
- The Layers of a Disney Vacation (Ian loves Mickey Ears)
The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World
- It all comes back to beer
- Disney Dining Plan - It's a whole other show