August 30th, 2014
August 11th, 2014
The INTERCOT Insider Live: Episode 66
Crabby John Has Spoken
The Cast: Cindy Jackrimo, Michael Montanez, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski
Cindy joins the podcast for the first time
Have you been to the park for the opening ceremony? John's kids have opened the Magic Kingdom
Mel just got back from Disney World. Found the parks crowded in July - whoda thunk. Stayed at Caribbean Beach. Stayin Alive Canada meet.
Michael tries not to go past the Mississippi in the summer
Opening day at Diagon Alley and Mel was there. Her experiences.
Cindy stays at Cabana Bay Beach Resort @ Universal Orlando and gives us a review. There is a lazy river at a value resort! Cup sensors in use there too.
Take it or Leave it - Refillable Mugs. Melanie says take it. Cindy says leave it. Ian says leave it. John says leave it.
Photos taken and sent to your account in the parks without you asking.
Magic Bands should include pedometers and GPS.
Should be a fastpass line for parking.
Why don't magicbands auto add the AP discount? Instead you need a license and a separate card.
Fast Pass for standby lines - our collective heads are going to explode.
Richard Petty Driving Experience and Cars Experience. Cindy attended on behalf of the site.
Armed Forces Salute renewed again!
Frozen on board Disney Cruise line *(except the Dream)
Once Upon a Time on ABC
New Haunted Mansion Shop on the way.
Pin Collecting? Are you still doing it after all these years?
What did we learn? Going to do this every two weeks & crabby John has spoken. Don't buy mugs unless you are Mel. Mel hates this segment. Ian learned Mel is crabby when we do what did we learn. John learned it's Arendelle.
July 19th, 2014
The Cast: Carol Robert, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, Gary O'Brien, Ian
- Carol is back!
- ICOT Sports Talk and Geography
- Harry Potter Stuff & Universal
- Buy your tickets from the Official Ticket Center & go for multiple days.
- Food at Universal Studios Orlando
- Cabana Bay Hotel - Calling Sammy Davis Junior
- Summer Road Trips & Magic Fingers. Holiday Inn & Howard Johnson's
- Our "Go-to" Hotels
- Dad, he's licking me!
- Carol doesn't like Florida
- Metro train lessons
- Melanie will be at Universal on Diagon Alley opening day
- Sounds Like Summer - ICOT Meet, flopping and flailing
- Pointe Orlando - Minus 5 Ice Bar review
- Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- John hasn't seen Frozen - Ian hasn't seen It's A Wonderful Life.
- Sounds like plush, but it's really paper. Flat Olaf
- Pal Olaf & Glow With the Show MagicBand - INTERCOT Consulting
- 300 Minute wait for Frozen Meet & Greet
- Making walk up FastPass reservations are nearly impossible now for good rides.
- Gary in Space
- Take it or Leave It - DME, Mel Take, Gary Take, Carol Take, Christine Take, Ian Take, John Leave.
- What did we learn?
- Goodbye Kasey Kasem - American Top 40. Weekends were made for it.
- Shane Gamble released "Beautiful Work" - Song going to radio in August! John was an executive producer. We play it to close the show.
Brought to you by:
The Official Ticket Center
June 7th, 2014
The Cast: Ian Mitchell, Melanie Bounds, Gary O'Brien & John Yaglenski
Preshow: Ian is a crabby, crabby man.
- Let's learn about International Bitterness Units
- That's then, this is now. We recorded last week but posted it this week and we're now recording again this week.
- Intercot Bitterness Units-Episode 63 was grouchy. John was going to edit it down but he left it to be true to the way people feel about things sometimes.
- Mel's trip around Easter-Problems with linking in My Disney Experience/My Magic Plus
- MDE/MMP guest relations, at least, are still good-very friendly, kind.
- When it works, MDE/MMP/Photo pass are great!
- Bands are wasteful, but you can totally match them with your outfit
- Ian refuses to be negative. Manages to be negative about being negative.
- Ian tells a completely hypothetical story about how you might miss a FP time and don't use a FP you lose it. Can't use another.
- Mel feels the Easter crowd stories are exaggerated. Ian disagrees. No one surprised.
- Gaston is great at everything
- Christine and Mel's Beer Adventure in EPCOT
- Vero Beach-what to do around town
- Beach vacations, take it or leave it?
- Two week vacations. Worth it? Oh yeah.
- Mel's great Animal Kingdom Adventure. Huge build up for nooks and crannies.
- DAK has some nice spots. No matter what they do Ian won't go.
- Ian doesn't let the family go to AK.
- Eat to the beat . Singing.
- Take it or leave it: Using FP for character meets. Gary: Bitterly leaves it. Ian: Gives some weird past story of some video about 1972 that Ian shares, blah blah blah. After 25 minutes of a story he leaves it. Mel: Takes it! She would totally do it, despite John's shock. She'd do it to see Anna and Elsa. Aladdin. John: The correct answer is.Leave it. Not wasting an FP on it. John forces us out of the segment by playing the music
- New Tinkberbell greeting.
- The Kitchen Sink has moved beyond Beaches and Cream at three places I couldn't hear because connection crapped out.
- Mickey's sink pants, take it or leave it?
- Ian and Mel are not fans of sharing food.
- Dole Whips at AK
- Where is the refreshment stand by the Tiki Room? John and Mel have a very intense discussion about how to get very specific refreshments into the Tiki Room with them.
- Starbucks in DTD.
- Castaway Cay Run Disney Challenge
- RunICOT-We'll all be there. Events are all almost all full, but Cheer ICOT is all open.
- Back to Castaway Cay-John explains. Half and full marathon still open, 5 and 10K only open via large charities.
- Holiday party tickets on sale.
- Gary bores everyone with comic book stuff.
- Fonz Solo
- John's smoke detector is connected to Skynet.
- Ian closes the show by complaining. No one is surprised.
Brought to you by:
The Official Ticket Center
May 25th, 2014
April 29th, 2014
The Cast: Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, & John Yaglenski
- The Return of Gary - It's GARY!
- Singing Starts...
- March Madness Disney Style - INTERCOT Consulting: we needed
pins or t-shirts!
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - INTERCOT will be covering.
John's invitation got lost - was later found mailed to the
wrong address. No soft openings?
- FastPass+ Changes - lots of new things coming
- Konami Code gets a reference
- Mel loves ET
- Once Upon A Vine - wonderful wine!
- #runICOT and #cheerICOT - Coming to Marathon Weekend in
- John ran his first 5k in a Vineyard!
- ROYGBIV pack - pink, purple, cyan and lime for #runICOT
- Gary says he'll go if John agrees to run a 5k and a 10k -
this is epic. Mel, John, Ian and Gary are ALL in!
- That's Not A Pillow!!!!
- Take It or Leave It - Staying off property. Ian says leave
it. Gary says leave it. John says take it as does Mel.
- We loose Ian and BOOM he's back
- Jon Pinette passes away
- Small World 50th Anniversary
- D-tech Me returns for Star Wars Weekends. Breakfast with the Characters from the movie. Mark Hamill will be there too!
- Kouzzina closing at Boardwalk
- Bardwalk and the Shakespeare Theme Park
- Oswald debuts in park.
- What have we learned?
March 26th, 2014
The Cast - Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, John Yaglenski
- Guess Who reference gets us started
- New Festival of Fantasy parade - our twitter account killed it today with incredible shots. Follow us on twitter @intercot. Christine gives a complete rundown.
- See the full parade on our YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/geyksDpqAwo
- Flower and Garden festival opens
- The Guess Who show was great!
- The Cheshire Cafe - White Chocolate Rabbit!
- John's blind auction story. Controversy follows him around.
- Water is gone in the Magic Kingdom.
- RunDisney and #runICOT events and the price of events.
- #runICOT is going to run to support THYCA (www.thyca.org) and Thyroid Cancer Awareness and Survivors. Registration will open April 22, 2014 at Noon EST for the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend! Details coming soon.
- Goodbye to a national hero - Wild Bill Guarnere from Band of Brothers.
- Take It or Leave It! Turkey Legs and Bubble Gum. Mel - Bubble Gum Yes, Turkey Legs No. Christine - Turkey Legs and the sticks No, Bubble Gum Yes. Ian - Turkey Legs No, Gum No. John - Turkey Legs No, Gum Yes.
- Travolta Screw Ups - Frozen.
- Rock Your Disney Side.
- Hub Reconfiguation - Big changes coming.
- Starbucks in Downtown Disney
- Star Wars Weekends and Special Fireworks!
- Fantasmic - How old is it? Can we get some HD projectors and new content?
February 18th, 2014
The Cast: Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, Shane Gamble & John Yaglenski
- Media Preview Event, Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster
- Our first podcast fire
- 4 Parks / 1 Day - Christine's Adventure
- Shane Gamble's experience with Magic Bands, bad shoes, and the electric slide.
- PUSH contract not renewed - lots of bad jokes ensue.
- Fire at Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- #runICOT updates, thanks for the charity suggestions. John is leaning towards running Marathon Weekend in support of Thyroid Cancer Awareness but we are still looking for a site charity.
- Shane Gamble Live in the INTERCOT Studio! Performs "Turn My Way" - available on Itunes, Amazon, XBox music and all major online stores.
- Shane is doing a pledge drive on Pledge Music right now. For only $10, you can preorder his upcoming album including the song "Beautiful Work". Visit http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/shanegamble and http://www.shanegamble.com for more info!
- Just about had it with Winter!
- Flower and Garden Festival "Outdoor Kitchens"
- Flower Power Concert Series - Our annual singing and we fail miserably. And for the record, it wasn't Giorgio Moroder, it was Jacques Morali, a French composer. John is psyched - The Alan Parsons Project is coming!
- Shane Gamble comes back and plays "Beautiful Work" - an amazing new track from his upcoming CD. We ALL get the sentiment! Mel made her pledge while Shane was singing.
- Jammin' Jungle parade going bye bye
- New MK Parade - Festival of Fantasy (the floats and costumes look fantastic)
- Bounds, James Bounds
- Flower Power Concert Series
- Take it or leave it - Queue Waits 30 minutes or longer. Ian says No, No! Christine says Take It! Mel says NO! Christine says, no big deal - Take It! John says Take It!
- Paris gets Ratatouille Inspired Area/Ride. Sounds interesting. Will similar attractions come to other parks?
- We talk about potential rides and attractions for Epcot and what might fit in.
- Welcome Home John!
- John Henson's passing