March 1, 2015
The INTERCOT Insider Disney Podcast
Episode 74 - There Is Something Wrong With Us!
The Crew: Cindy Jachrimo, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski
- Epcot reference right off the bat.
- Missing but not missing the Oscars.
- Ticket Prices increase, break $100 for the first time. Comparing other parks. Pass options. Non-Expiration option is gone.
- Annual passes for the water parks? Didn't know they existed.
- Orlando becoming an upscale market?
- John's Trip. 4 hours refreshing the browser to find a room at the last minute.
- All Star Movies started the stay. John thinks he has outgrown staying there. Likes AOA and Pop Century though. Food court is still an issue. Different lines for everything is a nightmare for a family.
- Day 1 to Epcot! Enjoyed LaCava and then moved on to Germany.
- Day 2 to Universal. Warm Butterbeer is excellent!
- Day 3 random act of Disney kindness. To refresh the magic - take someone who hasn't gone to the park before with you.
- John loved Monsieur Paul - one of the best meals he has ever had at Walt Disney World.
- The last 3 hours of John's vacation. What was supposed to be fun turned into a disappointing experience in crowd management and monorail maintenance. System needs some love. May be time to set aside some funds toward system upgrades.
- Speedway closing for transportation improvements. Wondering if that means an improved guest experience into the Magic Kingdom parking lot?
- Can't imagine Disney without monorails...
- Our special guest - Ana Fallas of the Disney Parks Mom's Panel. She tells her story of a 7 year jouney to where she is today. Tells of her mom saving and how she contributed by babysitting to go to Disney World. Magical Moments at Epcot with a first step. We step through her favorites park by park!
- INTERCOT's Take It or Leave It - None of us can remember what we were supposed to do! Mel - Leave It, Cindy - Leave it, Ian - Leave It, John - Leave It.
- Jungle Cruise Restaurant coming to Adventureland Verandah! New restaurant.
- #runICOT & #cheerICOT 2016 planning and Paris run as well. Light the Night in Celebration, Florida.
- We still love the mouse after all these years. Plenty of magic still left to go around.
- Spread the random Acts of Disney Kindness - buy someone a Mickey Bar. Be Good and Do Good.